[opencms-dev] Weird behavior on SMB Network folder

Ramon Gavira Sáenz ramon.gavira at sagasoluciones.com
Thu Feb 18 17:42:00 CET 2021

Hi List, I'm getting a very strange behavior with a repository via SMB network. We use this network folder to upload some pdf files that are generated from another system.

The situation is this one:

I have 1000 files that I need to copy in that folder, so I just copy them so after that I have 1181 files on my repository in OpenCms. That's is fine...but... if I do and ls command on the folder, I missed a couple of them (13 little bastards) , I mean that there are not on my list...but I can see then in OpenCms and also, is I try to copy one of those into the network folder again the copy command ask me if I want to overwrite the file.

I got more:

If I do:
ls filename.pdf
I get the file, but I a do:
                ls filename.*
the system says that the file doesn't exists

And more,

If I copy only those files and try to upload then via network folder there is no problem at all, the ls command reach those files, but if after that I copy the first 1000 files, the system warning that I am going to overwrite those files, I do that an again if I do an ls I miss again those files.

I have activate opencms-jlan.log but there is no errors or debug information to help. I have tried in different OpenCms installations and I've got always the same weird experience. If any of you would like to try y can share you those files, with the 13 little bastards

Have any of you experimented something similar??

(We are working on version 10.5.4)

Thanks in advance!

Ramón Gavira Sáenz
Socio - Director de Operaciones y Proyectos
m. 687 543 161 | t. 954 457 275
C/Américo Vespucio, 5. Ed. 4. Blq. E. 1ª planta. Módulo 3. CP 41092 Isla de la Cartuja (Sevilla)
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/saga-icon.png]  www.sagasoluciones.com<http://www.sagasoluciones.com/>
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/logo-twitter-20x20.png]  @SagaSoluciones<https://twitter.com/SagaSoluciones>
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/logo-facebook-20x20.png]  /SagaSoluciones<https://www.facebook.com/SagaSoluciones/>
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/logo-firma-correo.png]<http://www.sagasoluciones.com/>[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/logo-saga-suite-firma.png]<http://www.exprimiendoopencms.com/>[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/logo-och.png]<http://www.opencmshispano.com/>
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de SaGa Consulting. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notifíquese inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.
The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited without the prior written consent of SaGa Consulting. If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by reply e-mail.
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/environment-icon.png]Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrate de que es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.
[http://exprimiendoopencms.com/export/sites/sagasuite/.galleries/firmas-mail-corporativas/environment-icon.png]Wasting paper is harmful to the enviroment. Please consider that before printing this message.