[opencms-dev] OpenCms 10: Limit for placing Content elements on page

Daniel Seidel d.seidel at alkacon.com
Tue Feb 23 12:37:31 CET 2021

Hi Kai,

you mean the editor can drop at most 40 elements into a container on a
containerpage? If this is the case: Documentation says the default is
100 and it can be overwritten at <cms:container> using the attribute
"maxElements" (see
https://documentation.opencms.org/javadoc/tld/cms/container.html). It is
not distinguished which kind of element is placed in the container.
Maybe the limit is somewhere changed in the template jsp, or the
formatter rendering the container?

Best, Daniel.

Am 22.02.21 um 09:32 schrieb Schliemann, Kai:

> Hi list,
>
> is there a „natural“ limit for placing content elements on a page?
>
> One of our customers placed 40 elements of the same type on a page and
> cannot place more than that.
>
> We did not restrict the amount of elements in the settings XML-file of
> that formatter.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Best regards
>
> Kai

Kind Regards

Daniel.

Daniel Seidel
Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG - The OpenCms Experts
https://www.alkacon.com - http://www.opencms.org