[opencms-dev] The custum widgets in the OAMP Calendar_1.0.0.

Hein van der Kallen hvanderkallen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 3 14:45:42 CET 2021

The custom widgets in the OAMP Calendar_1.0.0.

The Alkacon_OAMP_Calendar_1.0.0 was part of Alkacon OpenCms Add-On Module
Package (OAMP).

It dates from 2008. We use it since 2009.

Installation required two "custom" widgets defined in opencms-vfs.xml with

<widget class="com.alkacon.opencms.calendar.CmsSerialDateWidget"
alias="SerialDateWidget"/>

<widget class="com.alkacon.opencms.calendar.CmsSerialDateSelectWidget"
alias="SerialDateSelectWidget"/>

These custom widgets are used in the schema of the "alkacon-cal-serial"
resourcetype in

serialentry.xsd.

Editing (or Creating) a resource of type alkacon-cal-serial increasingly
gives problems.

It is an old module, so let me start with using the old workplace in opencms
10.5.4.

In the old workplace we can set the user preference for editing xml content
on "Default page editor".

Then we can correctly edit an alkacon-cal-serial resource and especially the
serial date, using the original widget.

We then use the /system/workplace/editors/xmlcontent/editor.jsp

Trying to add a "change" group element gives an error.

We don't need the optional "Change" so I delete in serialentry.xsd the lines

                              <xsd:element name="Change"
type="OpenCmsAlkaconCalendarSerialDateChange" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="52"
/>

                              <default element="Change/Showtime"
value="true" />

                              <default element="Change/Time"
value="%(key.calendar.defaults.time)" />

Opencms 11 has its own SerialDateWidget.

To avoid confusion I use the fully qualified name for the widget in
serialentry.xsd

                              <layout element="Serialdate"
widget="com.alkacon.opencms.calendar.CmsSerialDateWidget" configuration=""
/>

But still I cannot edit alkacon-cal-serial resource correctly in the new
workplace. (opencms 10 or 11).

Is there a (best) way to get alkacon-cal-serial correctly editable in the
new workplace ?

( I can hack it using edit controlcode, but consider that not a usable
solution).