[opencms-dev] Workplace URL not found on docker

Bernhard Zebedin bernhard.zebedin at visions2.net
Thu Mar 11 08:50:06 CET 2021

Hello Filip.

Plesk runs with Apache and nginx.

I have tomcat running in the docker with port external docker port 28080.

OpenCMS is deployed as ROOT-App, so I can access OpenCMS via http://www.domain.name:28080<http://ip.to.server:28080>

Everything works fine if I access OpenCMS directly.

On Apache I configured a complete Proxy Passthrough:

ProxyPass / http://localhost:28080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:28080/

for all requests.

The website itself runs without a problem.
I configured "workplace.domain.name" as seperate workplace URL. Via :28080 I can access the workplace.
If I connect through Apache I get a 404 from OpenCMS.
For testing I implemented a JSP Login. Then I retrieve an error from OpenCMS that the Workplace URL is not
configured correctly.

Ohhhh.... on writing this email I tried a last thing.....
Now it works....

If you do a complete proxy passthrough you have to configure the workplace url in this apache directive
e.g.
ProxyPass / http://workplace.domain.name:28080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://workplace.domain.name:28080/<http://localhost:28080/>

Running AJP with tomcat you don't need this. That was my fault.

kr
Bernhard