[opencms-dev] Nested container doesn't follow its parent

Paoletti Corrado c.paoletti at fineco.it
Tue Oct 26 09:21:49 CEST 2021

FinecoBank S.p.A. - Internal Use Only

Hi all,

I was reading:

https://documentation.opencms.org/opencms-documentation/content-in-opencms/formatters-and-their-configuration/nested-containers/index.html

and I was wondering what would happens to the nested containers when I move labels.

I have a similar situation (rows instead of labels, see attachments) and when I change their positions inner container does not follow its parent.

My core code is:

<c:forEach var="item" items="${content.valueList.Item}" varStatus="status"> ... some code ...
	<cms:container name="combinato-${status.index}" type="combinato">
	</cms:container>
... other some code ...

I suppose ${status.count}, used in inner container name, has to be intended as position, so after parents move to new position children remains at their thus loosing correct reference to their parent.

I am doing some tests to find a unique id to link parent and his child (es. parent uuid) but after:

${item.getContentValue()}

in the forEach loop I can't go forward to find this uuid!

@OpenCms teams: https://documentation.opencms.org/elementary-demo/tabs-accordion/ page does not exist.

Kind regards.

Corrado