[opencms-dev] Help with OpenCms 12 under Tomcat 8.5 on easyapache 4

Hein van der Kallen hvanderkallen at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 12 17:54:01 CET 2022

Ivan

It is cpanel ( or to be precise the configuration of apache as installed by
cpanel) that tries to access a 403.shtml file as a reaction a 403 error in
apache.

You can change that in apache, but that does not solve your problem.

Your root problem is the 403 error.

I suspect the following root cause: (sorry if I am wrong)

You installed Opencms on a tomcat user. That user is the owner of the
installed files.

But when apache tries to access files installed by opencms, the user-account
that runs apache must be able to read the files installed by opencms.

So make all directories and files installed by opencms up and below your
installed ROOT directory readable and executable for all user-accounts.

Rights : 0755 : writeable only by owner, but readable and executable by all
others ( including httpd or apache).

To make sure that all new files created later by tomcat are readable by
apache restart your tomcat-service with the following line added:

Environment='UMASK=0022'

Hein van der Kallen