[opencms-dev] CmsAdvancedPasswordHandler - Configuration

martin.rosenthal at oerag.de martin.rosenthal at oerag.de
Wed Jul 6 08:28:29 CEST 2022

Hello, everyone,

In the OpenCMS API for the CmsAdvancedPasswordHandler , the description of
the Validate Password method is:
"This method checks if a new password follows the rules for new passwords,
which Are Defined by a Class Configureded in the Opencms.Properties File."
I have two questions:

1.) How did this configuration look? I have not found a documentary

2.) Does this validation also work if I have entered in OpenCMS-Systems.xml
as validation handler <validation handler class =
"org.opencms.ocee.ldap.cmsldapvalidationhandler" />? Or do I have to have
entered the class CmsAdvancedPasswordHandler  there?

Thanks and best regards,
Martin Rosenthal