[opencms-dev] Search index configuration

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Aug 5 11:03:39 CEST 2022

Hi Fabian!

> - How can I import users and groups that have been exported from e.g. 10.5? In other terms, as the password mechanics seem to have changed, how can I migrate local users and groups to a fresh install of OpenCms 13?

Check the configuration file „opencms-system.xml“. Somewhere aound line 35 is the <passwordhandler> configuration.
Change this back to:

		<passwordhandler class="org.opencms.security.CmsDefaultPasswordHandler">
			<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
			<digest-type>MD5</digest-type>
			<param name="compatibility.convert.digestencoding">false</param>
		</passwordhandler>

Then the old MD5 encoded password should still work.

> - Can I no longer add/modify search indexes and sources through the GUI?

Yes, this is the case.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior