[opencms-dev] Seeking Insights: OpenCms and SEO Optimization - Input from OpenCms Developers

Ramon Gavira Sáenz ramon.gavira at sagasoluciones.com
Tue Jun 13 10:09:40 CEST 2023

Dear OpenCms Developers,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to the esteemed members of this forum to seek your valuable insights and experiences regarding the optimization of OpenCms for SEO purposes. We have been receiving feedback from potential clients, expressing concerns about OpenCms not being the optimal choice for achieving strong SEO rankings. However, we believe that this perception may stem from a lack of knowledge or understanding, rather than any inherent limitations of the platform.

As a community of OpenCms developers, we are well aware of the technological capabilities and flexibility of the platform. We understand that the effectiveness of SEO optimization can vary based on various factors, such as the implemented templates and strategies employed by individual users. We would greatly appreciate your thoughts and experiences on this matter.

While most of our  clients are predominantly public administrations and may not actively focus on SEO optimization, we believe that it is important to address their concerns and provide accurate information. Our goal is to showcase the potential of OpenCms for achieving strong SEO outcomes and dispel any misconceptions surrounding its capabilities.

To accomplish this, we kindly request your assistance in sharing any case studies, reports, or examples of successful SEO implementations using OpenCms. Your valuable insights will enable us to demonstrate the effectiveness of OpenCms for SEO purposes and provide potential clients with reliable references and success stories.

We understand that each project is unique and that SEO success depends on multiple factors. However, by pooling our collective knowledge and experiences, we can gather a wide range of perspectives and insights that will benefit the entire OpenCms community.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and any relevant resources that could help us address the concerns of potential clients and highlight OpenCms as a capable platform for achieving strong SEO results.

Thank you in advance for your contribution to this discussion. We greatly appreciate your time and expertise.

Best regards,

Ramón Gavira Sáenz