opencms-dev Some notes on opencms installation

Michael Scheuner scheuner at timeworld.com
Wed Mar 1 17:07:27 CET 2000

Hi!

I had some problems getting opencms running. Maybe this hints should be made
in the install-instructions..

1. I didn't get the cmssetup.txt script working - instead of using "jar -cp
opcencms.jar .... < cmssetup.txt" i hat to use "cat cmssetup.txt | jar -cp
opencms.jar ...."

2. I had to increase the amount of memory for the JVM in jserv.properties
with the line
"wrapper.bin.parameters=-mx48m"
(this gave me a lot of out of memory errors"

3. I had to increase the ApJserVMTimeout-value in jserv.conf (default is 10)
ApJServVMTimeout 100

I use a PentiumIII-500Mhz, 128MB Ram, Suse Linux 6.3.

Michael

Btw: this mailing list isn't searchable, is it? I'm new to this list.