[opencms-dev] can't login via web-interface

Thomas Roediger tom at dfn.de
Fri Mar 24 14:39:58 CET 2000

The following lines I found in the http://java.apache.org -FAQ:
  ----------
  From: "jon *" jon at clearink.com
  To: Java Apache Users java-apache-users at list.working-dogs.com
  Date: Fri, Jun 11, 1999, 11:27 AM

  > In the mod_jserv.log file, I get :
  > (EMERGENCY) ajp11: can not connect to host 127.0.0.1:8007
  > (EMERGENCY) ajp11: connection fail
  > (ERROR) an error returned handling request via protocol "ajpv11"

  That error that you are getting is a result of the JVM not being able to
  start up properly. The error is the mod_jserv C portion of Apache JServ not
  being able to connect to the running Servlet Engine java portion of the
  process.

  So, you need to figure out why the JVM is not starting up properly. Make
  sure that all of your paths in all of your configuration files are correct.
  On Win32 machines, this could mean that it is an issue of having spaces in
  your paths. Try setting things up so that there are no spaces anywhere in
  any of your paths. Make sure that the path to the JVM binary executable is
  correct in your jserv.properties file. Make sure that your wrapper.classpath
  has the correct paths to the JSDK and the ApacheJServ.jar file.

  Make sure that your permissions are set properly on your log files so that the
  userid that the httpd runs under can write to them.

  -jon
  ---------

This took me a minute...