[opencms-dev] Performance issues ...

Jaro von Flocken yaro at n-image.com
Sat Apr 8 15:58:45 CEST 2000

I cannot confirm it yet. open CMS eats up the performance of our fastest dev-machine
(700Mhz 256MB RAM 133)

It occupies >90% of cpu time on linux suse 6.0 JDK 1.1.7

Thought we don't have installed any JIT yet (Installing the cms was enought work for more
than one week). The exp. from other projects is that jit can improve the performance
extremely. But it shoulnd't eat nearly 100% performance (without jit) for simple gui
creating. What we guess is that there is a lot of optimizing work waiting - we will stop
testing and working on open cms next week due the lack of useful information from mindfab
|| framfact ;-)

I'm sorry to say that :-(

We couldn't find any other optimizing tricks (disabling logfiling etc)

Good luck,
Jaro