AW: [opencms-dev] how to add a new project?

Emmerich, Michael Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Mon May 8 15:54:39 CEST 2000

Dagmar,

> I'm working with v27 (5.5.). After creating a new project,
> new folder, publishing
> it, ... , I used the same instructions as described in
> cmssetup.txt for mounting
> the pics-Folder, for mounting my folder:
>
> addMountPoint "/mySite/" "D:/Sites/mySite/" mySite Guest
> Guests plain "383"
>
> but nothing happens.

You must exit the cmsShell and restart it before you can access the new
mountpoint. During the init phase of the Shell, all known mountpoints are
listed, so you should be able to see if the mountpoint can be accessed.

When using the the new mountpoint from the OpenCms Servlet, you must restart
it too.

You also need a folder called "/mySite/" in the OpenCms database, which is
used as the anchor for the mount point.

> A different problem occurs, when I try to add something new to News:
> "Ein Systemfehler ist aufgetreten. ... [CmsException]: 0
> unknown exception
> Detailed Error: readFile
> [com.opencms.file.CmsAccessFileMySql] /news/news.ini
> Caught Exception: [CmsException]: 2 Not found
> Detailed Error: readFile
> [com.opencms.file.CmsAccessFileMySql] /news/news.ini
>
> Did I forget to set additional paths, system variables, ...
> not yet documented in
> the file "How to install OpenCms"???

You did notthing wrong, the news.ini is missing in build 27.

To create it, do the following:

- Make a new project including the news folder.
- create a new plain file in the news folder, called "news.ini".
- add the following content to it:

<XMLTEMPLATE>
<MASTERTEMPLATE>/content/templates/xDemoTemplate1</MASTERTEMPLATE>
<NEWSTASK>
	<AGENT>Admin</AGENT>
	<ROLE>Users</ROLE>
</NEWSTASK>
</XMLTEMPLATE>

- save the file and publish the project. News should work now.

> Is there any kind of documentation available about the
> architecture of the
> opencms system and/or about the general idea/strategy behind
> the implementation?

I am afraid that there is no such documentation available yet.

Michael Emmerich
mailto:michael.emmerich at framfab.de