[opencms-dev] new bee

Christian Sell christian.sell at netcologne.de
Fri May 19 17:36:59 CEST 2000

how are you going to deal with autoincrement columns, which you use in the
current DB schema? Some DBMS (e.g., IBM DB2) dont directly support those.

Have you ever considered to move your DBMS access to an object-relational
mapping tool? I can recommend Castor (www.exolab.org), which is open source,
and already quite stable. As far as I now Castor would be able to take care
of key generation issues as well.