[opencms-dev] new bee

Alex Kandzior alex at opencms.com
Fri May 19 14:55:13 CEST 2000

> Theoretically, all you would need is a JDBC driver, which
> could be the JdbcOdbcbridge in the case of Access.
> However, much of the data access code in OpenCMS still looks
> pretty MySQL-specific.

If we proceed on schedule we will have the mySQL specific stuff eliminated
in about 2 weeks. We could also produce setup scripts for different
databases (that is easy because a modelling tool is used for the DB design).
The new structure will be ANSI 92 compatible and therefore will run on any
ANSI SQL compatible database. Theoretically, that is :-)

Best Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group