[opencms-dev] Why two CmsResourceBroker's?

Anders Fugmann anders.fugmann at framfab.dk
Mon Jul 17 16:48:19 CEST 2000

Hi developers of OpenCMS.

Looking af the new version 4.1.31, it strikes me that all classes
in package com.opencms.file.genericsql and com.opencms.file.mySql seems
to be identical,
except from changes in date, revision, etc. (ok, in I_CmsQuerys, four
line of code has been changed.)

Would it not be more in the object oriented way to only have one class,
and then extend it, for the sake of maintainability and overview?

The reason that i ask, is that I want to make log all changes in the
Virtual filesystem, but now i need to write the same code twice, which i
hate to do :-)

btw. 'com.opencms.file.mySql' does not follow the java naming standard,
in which no capital letter are to occur in packagenames.

regards
Anders Fugmann
Nebula Team Developer.

--
Anders Fugmann                                 Livjægergade 17A, 2.sal.