AW: [opencms-dev] bug in editor page

Reiner Hellstern Reiner.Hellstern at t-online.de
Wed Jul 12 02:07:08 CEST 2000

Hello Alex, hi all,

I did some further tests with opencms_40_30. It was
NOT possible with this version and a Linux-Client (Netscape 4.7)
to modify the content of a page at all!

1) you can lock a page
2) you can open a page
3) you can add and/or overwrite text
4) you can click the save-button (but without any effects)
5) you can only quit the editor with some "tricks"
6) the opened page has not been changed
7) you can find an additional page in the file list with the
   same name and a leading tilde
8) both pages are locked
9) both pages are unlockable
10) both pages are viewable on the browser:
    - the first one is original and unchanged
    - the "tilde"-page is always empty

I my opinion, if this is really a bug in the javascript of
the editor page, you should mention on the homepage that
opencms does not currently support a Linux/Netscape client!

Kind regards, Reiner Hellstern