[opencms-dev] informations about OpenCMS

Eric Romang eric at xyz.lu
Thu Aug 3 13:36:36 CEST 2000

Hello,

Actually I work on the developpement of OpenCMS,
but I have some troubles to understand all the
installation process.

I describe you the step I have do :

* Installation of RedHat Linux 6.1 on
my webserver.

* Installation of Apache 1.3.12 on webserver
You can see the result on http://212.24.214.199
or http://zeus.extranet.lu

* Installation of JDK 1.2.2 on webserver
Insert of JDK PATH in the /etc/profile
Source profile
which java OK and compile of HelloWorld.java OK
java HelloWorld OK

* Installation of JSDK 2.0 on webserver
Insert of JSDK CLASSPATH in /etc/profile
Source profile

* Installation of ApacheJServ 1.0 on webserver
Install OK
Include in httpd.conf of apache
Change of the servlet zone
You can see the result on -->
http://212.24.214.199/servlets/SnoopServlet
Result OK

* Installation of MySQL 3.22.32
Installation OK and database work correctly

* Download of OpenCMS_40 (Step 4 on OpenCMS HomePage)

Here I don't have understand where I should unzip
the file...
"Unzip the OpenCms distribution (opencms_40xxx.zip)"
So I have unzip the opencms in /apache/htdocs/ ???
After I have copy the two files in the servlets directory
Should I create a CLASSPATH in the /etc/profile for opencms.jar ?
Creation of the two directories in servlet directory OK

The mysql_uncomp.jar (mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c)
is install in the ExternalComp folder
and also in the /apache/htdocs/opencms_40.30/ folder
I have create the CLASSPATH in the /etc/profile for
the mysql_uncomp.jar... Should I create it ?

The xerces.jar (xerces-1_1_3) is install in
the ExternalComp folder and also in the
/apache/htdocs/opencms_40.30/ folder
I have created the CLASSPATH in the /etc/profile for
the xerces.jar... Should I create it ?

* Creation of the database opencms41 (Step5)

Everything OK in the creation of the database on the webserver

* Step 6

Path to the log file OK
Chown nobody logs folder

Here another trouble with cmssetup.txt
I have edit the file and find some C: path at
the end of the file... It's for NT ?
Change of the export path : local or online ?
Error on compilation "main"...

Here we are :)

I find your OpenCMS very interessing but some times the
online instructions for the installation are very dark for me :)

So maybe you can help us to understand the trouble we have
in the installation of the products.

Regards.

XYZ Productions SA
Internet and mobile solutions