AW: [opencms-dev] opencms_4.1.31problem

Ohlemeyer Matthias Matthias.Ohlemeyer at EK-Grosseinkauf.de
Thu Aug 17 09:07:46 CEST 2000

Hi,

since there seem to be quite a few installation related questions on the
list I wanted to let you know about my installation experiences:

- Actually most of my problems disappeared when I switched from Blackdown
JDK 1.1.7 to IBM JDK 1.1.8, both which are included in the SuSE 6.4
distribution.
- When using SuSE 6.4 there seems to be another caveat: The JServ-Module
included in the distribution is not compiled with the extended apache API so
that you get a warning message on startup, telling you that the module might
crash. It does crash! So you have to compile JServ for yourself. I did not
manage to compile JServ 1.0, JServ 1.1 was no problem using apxs. After that
things got a lot more stable, although I think I still observed one crash of
JServ. I can't reproduce it, though.

There are still quite a few open questions for me. Maybe someone on the list
can help:
- Even the new Template Manual mentions that in opencms the Apache Java
Protocol Version 1.1 is used. Is there any kind of problem with using JServ
1.1.2 under Apache Java Protocol Version 1.2? Can I use JServ 1.1.2 and
simply switch the Protocol Version to apj11 in the configuration file? Has
anybody else experienced any kind of stability problems when using apj12?

Regards,

Matthias