[opencms-dev] Status of 4.1.34?

Ohlemeyer Matthias Matthias.Ohlemeyer at EK-Grosseinkauf.de
Thu Aug 17 09:36:13 CEST 2000

Hi,

just a few more questions concerning problems wich I encountered when using
opencms 4.1.32_u to 4.1.34. Maybe these problems are just related to the
fact that 4.1.x is just not finished. Hopefully there ist still somebody who
is willing to reply:

* I started with a fresh install of 4.1.32_u and after that made 'soft
upgrades' to the current version 4.1.34. In each of these versions I
experienced problems with the different editors for templates or pages. With
IE 5 under Win 98 I can only use the WYSIWYG-Editor. When trying to use the
source code editor all the buttons load correctly but the background picture
of the editor page does not load. Code editing is not possible!

* When using Netscape 4.72 I sometimes get JavaScript errors so that certain
functionality cannot be used. When looking at the JavaScript Console I most
often see the message 'setText' not definded (or something similar). For
example it is not possible for me to create an new page in Netscape. When
clicking 'Fertig stellen' in the last screen to create a new page I get the
above described error.

Maybe someone can point out the platform strategy of the opencms client.
Will IE be your only choice in the long run, or will Netscape/Mozilla still
be supported in future versions of opencms?

Regards,

Matthias