[opencms-dev] Update

Carmen Koelbl cak at odn.de
Thu Aug 17 12:33:39 CEST 2000

Hello list,

I think I'm to laggard for OpenCMS.
After I had successfully installed OpenCMS 4.1.32_u , already version
4.1.34 exists.
Unfortunately I don't understand the system of the "soft update "completely
so far, because there are missing a few intermediate steps to me .
If I download  the newest version 4.1.34 of OpenCMS, then it is available
as a zip file. It would be the best for me I could handle it with the
OpenCMS Web Interface, but I don't know which files from the Zip file must
be extracted, imported/exported and whereto. I read both proposals for an
update from Andreas Schouten several times, but I don't feel certain 100%
what I should do exactly ,so I let it be yet,before I kill the whole system.
Please somebody take pity on me and explain it to a beginner as me it step
by step (the proposals from Andreas Schouten were unfortunately too deep
for me).

Apology that I'm so slow-witted, but I try to improve myself.

Carmen Koelbl