AW: [opencms-dev] Trouble with restricting access (4.1.x)

Schouten, Andreas Andreas.Schouten at framfab.de
Tue Sep 12 15:21:48 CEST 2000

Hello,

> BTW: In 4.1.35 when requesting not the login.html but explorer.htm I
> experience exactly the same problem: The Basic Authentication
> dialog appears
> but no username/password combination works.

I see the problem. The fact is that this should work. We will correct this
error in the next version.

If you want to grant access to your restricted area you can write a
web-formular like /system/workplace/action/login.html. You can easy login
with the cms-method: cms.login(username, password).

Regards,

Andreas