[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Install

Mark Polsen mpolsen at flashcom.net
Wed Sep 27 12:38:09 CEST 2000

Hi All,

I'm trying to install the latest OpenCMS version on Linux but I'm getting
errors when trying to
initialize the database with the workplace files. I think this might be an
error with the MySQL
JDBC driver. The error I get is:

Caught Exception: [CmsException]: 0 Unknown exception
Detailed Error: NO MESSAGE
Caught Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsException.<init>(CmsException.java:323)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:98)
        at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.<init>(OpenCms.java:125)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.init(CmsShell.java:1031)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.main(CmsShell.java:1104)

I have the path to the mysql jar file in my classpath also

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/src/mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c/mysql_uncomp.jar

I'm running on Linux Mandrake 7.0 with IBM J2RE 1.3.0

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Polsen