AW: [opencms-dev] Database-import and -export

Michael Emmerich Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Mon Oct 9 14:35:15 CEST 2000

Hello Sascha

> Hi everybody,
> I'm working with Open CMS 40.30 and I have difficulties in
> accessing the
> Import and Export menu in the administration-view. Every time I try to
> access I get the following system-error:
> User method getExportFiles in calling class
> com.opencms.workplace.CmsAdminDatabase throwed an exception.
> java.lang.NullPointerException

Normally, this error is an indication that the export path is not found by
the OpenCms.
Did you set the export path with the writeExportPath "pathname" command in
the CmsShell?

> My export-path ist "/opt/opencms_40.30/export/". Perhaps

In your case, you should set the Exportpath like this:
- Start the CmsShell
- Login as Adminstrator
- use the command: writeExportPath "/opt/opencms_40.30/export/"
- exit the shell

Restart your Apache and the Export/Import should work in the Adminstration
view.

Also, take care that the OpenCms has the access rights to write into the
selected export folder.

Bye,
	Michael

Michael Emmerich