[opencms-dev] OpenCMS working, demo site not

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Sat Oct 14 14:29:32 CEST 2000

Hello Adam!

> Thanks! These instructions were what I needed to get the demo site up and
> running.

Good to hear :)

> However, I should alert you to one stumbling block I had. After copying
> examples.zip to /usr/local/opencms/export I initially still unable to import
> it into the system. There were be no files listed in the Import window.
>
> This problem was fixed by changing the writeExportPath from:
> "/usr/local/opencms/export" (as it is set in cmssetup.txt)
>
> to:
>
> "usr/local/opencms/export/" (note trailing slash)
>
> Once I added the slash, only then was OpenCMS able to recognize
> "examples.zip" in the export directory.

Oh, the ending "/" problem. OpenCms always expects folder names to end
with a "/" so this is why the export path must end with a "/" as well.
If this is done wrong in the cmssetup.txt I will change that for the
next build.
Its a bit confusing, I must admidt, I guess we should fix this bug (or
is it a feature ?) soon.

Michael

Private: emmerich at german-navy.de
Work   : michael.emmerich at framfab.de
ICQ    : 18897063
WWW    : http://www.german-navy.de
         German Naval History & Home of the Squirrel Observatory