[opencms-dev] Uploading PDF/PPT/XLS

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Sat Oct 21 15:02:52 CEST 2000

Vishal,

> How can I upload PDF, PPT, XLS filkes to my project folders ?
>
> When I try uploading the document, do I have to select the "binary" resource
> type ?

Yes, this is the way you must do it. All resources that cannot displayed
in the web browser directly (i.e. without a plugin) must be selected as
binary.

> How do I add more resources to my project ? Through the resource
> Manager in the administration view ?

What do you mean by that?
You can add more resources to your project by simply uploading them. In
resource manager in the admin view you can preselect the OpenCms
resource type for a file extension. You do not need to add new OpenCms
resource types to work with the kind of file you mention above.

Michael

Private: emmerich at german-navy.de
Work   : michael.emmerich at framfab.de
ICQ    : 18897063