AW: [opencms-dev] trouble with apache/jrun installation

Michael Emmerich Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Mon Nov 20 18:34:56 CET 2000

Hello Quoc,

> Hi all,
>    I am trying to install opencms on Apache/Jrun 2.3
> architecture.  Everything
> works fine till step 7.  Has anyone been able to configure
> the opencms servlet
> to work with Jrun.  I am getting this NullPointerException
> error.  Anyone have
> any ideas.

The problem seems to be that you are not authorized to access the MySql
database, see the line

> [17.11.2000 13:58:46] <opencms_init> [8192/3692/4500][OpenCms]
> [CmsAccessUserMySql]:General
> error: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'opencms'

of the logfile.

Make sure that the Apache/Jrun process is allowed to access the database. I
don't know under which user Apache/Jrun are running, but Apache/Jserv
normally uses the "nobody" user.

Btw, it looks as if you use a old version of OpenCms (4.0.x ?), I suggest
that you should try a more recent version,
i.e. Version 4.1.37.

Michael Emmerich
michael.emmerich at framfab.de