AW: [opencms-dev] external editor like dreamweaver?

Simon Wilks simon.wilks at silion.ch
Sun Jan 7 21:15:20 CET 2001

Hi Micheal,

No, not as far as I know. Even if you could DW would publish pages
containing content and layout, whereas the idea with OpenCms is to seperate
these two things.

What you can do is use DW to create your sites design and then take the
HTML, Javascript, etc that it generates and put it into OpenCms. You can
also use DW to create the HTML and copy it into the text editor in OpenCms.
Once you get it up and running and try a couple of examples from the user
guide you'll get the idea.

I also use a similar product (NetObjects Fusion) for this purpose as I can
very quickly get it to generate the (sometimes) complex code for me which
can then simply be "massaged" into place.

If you're still having problems with the installation let me know...I have a
similar installation to yours and can help you with the config.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simon Wilks
software engineer
simon.wilks at silion.ch
silion (switzerland) ag    software engineering
spinnereistrasse 8              9008 st. gallen
tel 0878 80 90 60             fax 0878 80 90 30
info at silion.ch                    www.silion.ch

a member of the Penta Group   www.pentagroup.ch