[opencms-dev] installation error, wrong mysql.jar or java version?

Karsten Lehmann klehmann at gmx.net
Thu Jan 18 12:01:46 CET 2001

Hi!

I don't know, whether this mail has reached the mailing list. I sent
it on 17th of january, but did not get a copy via the mailing list.

So here it is again:
-----------

After installing opencms 4.1.50 and typing in (as described in the
installation guide)

java -mx64M -classpath opencms.jar:xerces.jar:mysql.jar
com.opencms.core.CmsShell config/opencms.properties

I get the error messages:

[...]
[OpenCms] read mime types
[OpenCms] found 125 mime-type entrys
[OpenCms] initialize launchers...
[CmsLauncherManager] launcher package is:com.opencms.launcher
[CmsTemplateCache] Initialized successfully.
[CmsLauncherManager] OpenCms launcher "CmsXmlLauncher" with launcher
ID 3 loaded successfully.
[CmsLauncherManager] OpenCms launcher "CmsDumpLauncher" with launcher
ID 1 loaded successfully.
[CmsLauncherManager] OpenCms launcher "CmsLinkLauncher" with launcher
ID 4 loaded successfully.
[CmsLauncherManager] Unknown error while initializing launcher
"CmsPdfLauncher". Ignoring.
[CmsLauncherManager] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/fop/apps/Driver
Version 4.1.50 Arakis

but the prompt seems to work.
Then I try

{Admin at Online}> readFile
"/home/karsten/opencms_4.1.50/workplace/action/start.html"
[CmsException]: 2 Not found. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess]
/home/karsten/opencms_4.1.50/workplace/action/start.html.
at com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess.readFile(CmsDbAccess.java,
Compiled Code)
at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.readFile(CmsResourceBrok
er.java, Compiled Code)
at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.readFile(CmsObject.java, Compiled Code)
at com.opencms.core.CmsShellCommands.readFile(CmsShellCommands.java,
Compiled Code)
at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.call(CmsShell.java, Compiled Code)
at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.commands(CmsShell.java, Compiled Code)
at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.main(CmsShell.java, Compiled Code)

The problem is:
"/home/karsten/opencms_4.1.50/workplace/action/start.html" does
exists. So there is no need for this message.
One reason may be, that I used "mysql_both_uncomp.jar" of
"mm.mysql.jdbc-2.0pre5.tar.gz" and renamed it to "mysql.jar".

Can somebody tell me where to find the right "mysql.jar"?
I can't find a file with that name in "mm.mysql.jdbc-2.0pre5.tar.gz".

I am using Java 1.2 - could this be a problem?

Thanks,
Karsten