[opencms-dev] Re-publishing a project

hugo burm hugob at tamtam.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 8 05:00:04 CET 2001

I want to use Opencms for a simple task. A user has to update a newspage on
a site once a week. So I want to create a project and let the user modify
the content during the week. At the end of the week the project manager must
publish the content.
But the projectmanager does not want to create a new project each week. He
just wants to have a quick look at the new content and push the publish
button. This is important because creating a new project takes several
minutes on my system (800 MHz AMD).
So the obvious thing to do is to strip the implied delete from the publish
button in the Administration-Projects context. If this is not a good idea,
can somebody tell me why not. If, yes, where should I start.
BTW, I have seen "news" icons appear and dissappear on a regular base in the
Opencms workplace between the consecutive versions of Opencms. Can somebody
comment on this. What are/were they supposed to do?

Thanks

Hugo Burm
hugob at tamtam.xs4all.nl