AW: [opencms-dev] 1. update, 2. example code

Simon Wilks simon.wilks at silion.ch
Mon Feb 26 16:31:41 CET 2001

Hi Ralf,

The safe way is as mentioned in the last mail to import your exported
content after reinstalling. You can by the way simplify the task of
importing by using the import feature in the Administration section (make
sure you've created a project first).

What I also do instead of reinstalling is to check what has changed in the
new release. If DB (ie: mysql.slq), Workplace, opencms.properties,
registry.xml hasn't been changed you can get away with just replacing the
existing opencms.jar file with the newest one.