[opencms-dev] Graphics

Peter Hart Davis - MWeb PHartDavis at mweb.com
Mon May 21 17:53:48 CEST 2001

Hi There
Sorry to repeat my query but after scratching away all weekend Im still in
the same position, I have got Opencms running but cannot get the graphics to
appear.  My setup is slackware 7.1 development, apache_1.3.19, tomcat-3.2.1
and Opencms 4.3.12.

The error I get back from tomcat is:
"2001-05-21 10:38:10 - Ctx( panda.mweb.co.za: ): 404 R( +
/pics/system/opencms.gif + null) null"  which would suggest that there is a
path problem somewhere.

If I log into opencms on the command line and do the example request:
readFile "/system/workplace/action/start.html"  it works correctly.
if I do a:
readFile "/system/workplace/pics/system/opencms.gif"  it gives me a '2 Not
found. and then detailed error info which loses me.

My directory structures are:
Opencms = /opt/opencms
Apache = /www/
Doc root for apache = /www/htdocs
tomcat = /www/tomcat
In the htdocs directory is a directory opencms containing pics and download,
in the pics directory is system containing the .gifs ie
'/www/htdocs/opencms/pics' and '/www/htdocs/opencms/pics/system'

The paths in config are:

# Exportpoint parameters ########################
exportpoint.0 = /pics/
exportpoint.path.0 = /www/htdocs/opencms/pics/
exportpoint.1 = /download/
exportpoint.path.1 = /www/htdocs/opencms/download/
exportpoint.2 = /system/workplace/pics/
exportpoint.path.2 = /www/htdocs/opencms/pics/system/

Suggestions would be appreciated
Peter

Unix System Administration, R&D, Events and Streaming
M-Web Studios
Mobile: 083 414 7455
Office: 021 596 8103

M-Web Connect
Tel:  0027 (0) 21-596-8300
Fax: 0027 (0) 21-596-6402
100 Fairway Close, Parow
Private Bag X 001
N1 City, 7463

NOTICE: The information contained in this message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. This message is intended for
the individual or entity addressed herein. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
others ;also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then
delete it from your system.