AW: AW: [opencms-dev] backup a project

Michael Dernen Michael.Dernen at framfab.de
Tue May 22 15:08:06 CEST 2001

Hello Marcel,
you can create an offline-project by selecting
'Projectmanagement' and then 'new Project' from the
administration view. When you create a project
you can select one or more folders which will
be part of your offline-project. If you select
the root folder, all resources of the online-project
will be copied in your offline-project. The resources
which have not been selected can't be edited and will
be shown in a grey color in the offline-project.
An online-project cannot be created, you always create offline projects,
which contain parts or all of the resources in the online-project.
This resources can be edited and
when you publish the offline-project the changes made in the
offline-project will be transferred to the online-project.

The zip-file is created by the java-classes and can
be imported on any other OpenCms system on any platform.
It is an ordinary zip-file that contains all resources
and informations needed for the system  to handle
these resources.

Regards,
Michael