[opencms-dev] website_for_oc_4.4.0.

Daniel Regenass Daniel.Regenass at blue-logic.com
Thu Oct 4 00:13:33 CEST 2001

It seems to me that you have the same problem I got a few weeks ago.
Actually,
it's a combination of two problems:

- openCMS's element cache does not work with templates that use more than
  one body element (mentioned somewhere earlier in this mailing list). It's
  a known bug (in v4.4.0), and maybe, it will disappear in future releases.
  The solution for the time being is to switch the element cache off in the
  opencms.properties file. Of course, this has a performance impact on your
  website!

- However, the current NewsModule release cannot handle a disabled element
cache
  causing the exception you mentioned. The solution would be, to switch the
element
  cache on ;-)

- As you may probably want to use more than one body element per page, and
also
  use the NewsModule, then you definately have a problem. I solved the
problem
  in that way that I got the NewsModule sourcecode and changed it so it will
work
  for the time being with the element cache disabled. Ask me for the
modified version
  if you can confirm these effects.

Regards

Daniel