[opencms-dev] difference between the view inside OpenCms and published project

Ludwig, Hartmut Hartmut.Ludwig at dresdner-bank.com
Fri Oct 5 15:40:23 CEST 2001

Hi, list,

I installed OpenCms 4.4.0 a week ago on my Win 2000 notebook (Apache 3.3.20,
JServ1.1.2, Tomcat 3.3b) and successfully set up a few projects.
Everything works fine so far. But after I published my current project I
experienced some weird problems: There is a difference if I follow the link
(index.html) from the OpenCms workspace or if I enter it directly in IE.

Inside OpenCms everything looks great if I surf through the page. But after
I published the project and try to access the site directly, it occurs that
the navigation is not updating.
For example: if I choose the first navigation-entry I get a page with a
submenu displayed in the nav-template. But after I go back and select
another entry in the parent navigation, I get the second page but it still
shows the submenu from the first link. Again: this does not occur if I enter
the site from the workspace - even though it is exactly the same URL.

I think I can rule out a caching problem, cause IE is properly configured.
And I'm also quite shure that it is not a bug in a template, cause the whole
thing still works perfectly inside the workspace.
And then we have another phenomenon... If i restart Tomcat and select the
second nav-entry on the beginning, I get the second submenu displayed every
time no matter which link was selected in the first menu.

Did anybody of you encounter similar problems. It seems like Tomcat has some
sort of internal caching... does it? can it be disabled? Why is there a
difference if I follow a link from inside OpenCms and exacty the same URL in
another browser window?

I also tried to export the project manually to static pages, but I have now
idea how to do that. There is an icon in the administration-view, but it is
disabled in my project. How do I enable it?
Any hint would be greatly appreciated...

greetings
Hartmut