[opencms-dev] ocsetup: Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306

Fredrik Jonson pt97fjo at student.bth.se
Wed Nov 21 14:55:28 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Davin S. George wrote:

> From: Davin S. George <davin at kiwifokes.com>
>
> Hi Fredrik,
>
> I suspect your problem is actually MySQL related.
[snip snip]

Yes it was.

Debian mysqld policy is to not listen on port 3306 (even though
port was set in /etc/mysql/my.cnf). I had to comment out
" skip-networking" in the config file to make mysql listen on
both sockets and an TCP/IP port.

Now the ocsetup works like a charm. I really look forward to
evaluating OpenCMS solution. Time to start digging into user
docs now... =)

Tanks!
--
Fredrik Jonson
pt97fjo at student.bth.se
-[ 64 confirmed UBE-kills, 12 relays stopped. ]-