[opencms-dev] Java Editor Implementation

Fredrik Jonson pt97fjo at student.bth.se
Tue Nov 27 23:23:51 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 thys.deWet at za.didata.com wrote:

> Hi.
> I am pretty new to CMS and I have to try to implement a pure java code
> editor . The WYSIWYG part is fine for now , any ideas on how I should go
> about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated ..

I have also only recently joined the list, but I'll spam along
anyway.

There is a html editor applet, ekit, http://www.hexidec.com/ekit.php
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ekit/ which seems to be in active
developement. Maybe this Ekit kan be adapted to the editor needs
of opencms? Is there anyone on the list that has evaluated Ekit?

My pet pewee about these wysiwyg editors are that they allways
seems to fokus on html as a font layout tool not a html markup
tool. Eg there are no buttons for <h1>-<h6>, <ul>, <strong> or

Regards,
--
Fredrik Jonson
pt97fjo at student.bth.se
-[ 64 confirmed UBE-kills, 12 relays stopped. ]-