[opencms-dev] Frame-Templates with OpenCms

Julien Soyer JSoyer at paris.agency.com
Fri Nov 30 09:54:08 CET 2001

Thank you for your example, but it seems that my explanations were not clear
enough.

I understand how Opencms Framesets work :

-          you define frames with src equal to something like "]]><method
name="getUri"/><method
name="getFrameQueryString">template_name</method><![CDATA["
-          and if you want to access an external template, you use an
elementdef:
-          <TEMPLATE name=" template_name ">
-                      <element name=" template_name _elt"/>
-          </TEMPLATE>
-          <element name=" template_name _elt">
-                      <template>/content/templates/ template_name
</template>
-          </element>

But what if one of my source files are editable?
That is to say that the end user can click on "Edit page" on the
corresponding control file, to edit the page with the HTML editor.
In this case, including the template as described above isn't useful because
the content is contained in the body file!

The only way I found to get around this problem is to use "]]><method
name="getUri"/><method
name="getFrameQueryString">template_name</method><![CDATA[" when I have to
include some non editable element, and to use ""]]><method
name="getServletPath"/>mypage.html<![CDATA[" when I want to include a page
and not e template!

Please tell me if there is some kind of best practice.

Regards,

Julien