[opencms-dev] Where is examples.zip?

Jonathan Feinberg jdf at pobox.com
Thu Dec 6 19:59:45 CET 2001

I have installed OpenCMS 4.4.6 on my Win2K box.

All of the tutorial matter refers to the /examples directory of the vfs,
but there is no such directory.  The mailing list archives refer to the
procedure for importing an "examples.zip" file into a new project (which
seems like a rather awkward and difficult way of simply creating a new
directory in the vfs), but I cannot find any such file anywhere in the
distribution.

Also, in order to create the examples.zip file, someone must have
originally created an /examples directory in their vfs.  How does one do
this?  Must one hack the MySQL table representing the vfs in order to
simply create a new directory?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

--
Jonathan Feinberg   jdf at pobox.com    Inwood, NY, NY