[opencms-dev] How to make multi field input pages

Lars-Arne Mattsson Lars-Arne.Mattsson at iconmedialab.se
Mon Dec 10 11:15:08 CET 2001

Hello!

I'm quite new at OpenCMS and I'm trying to figure out a few things.

What I want to do is to create a news article. This article should have a
teaser (to view on an index page), a title, a date, an author and the body
text. What I can't understand is how I create a template where I can enter
all this information at the same page (ok, not everything must be on the
same page, but a few things should). The only solution I can find so far is
to create a multi body page or create a separate input mechanism to some
data source that I later access through a java method.

Another question connected to the question above. Is it possible to get data
from one page inside another (perhaps using java). What I want to do (as
hinted above) is to create a index page that is built from the teasers
stored in all the articles in the current folder.

/Larssa