[opencms-dev] Directory structure?

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Sun Dec 9 12:46:57 CET 2001

> If I create a new project and place it in /falafel/, the
documentation
> implies that the various template directories and such will be
created
> under /falafel/, but this is not the case.

you do not place a project inside a directory. When you create a new
project, you copy all or just a part of the online project's resources
to this new project. Then you are able to edit and extend this stuff.
By publishing this project you commit all the changes you made back to
the online project.

> Am I misunderstanding the documentation?  If so, how does one create
the
> templates for the new project?  Is it the user's responsibility to
create
> the /falafel/content/ directory and its subdirectories?

you have to create your templates in your project inside the /content/
directory.

bye
- Stephan