AW: [opencms-dev] Serving several virtual hosts

Michael Emmerich Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Thu Jan 31 11:09:57 CET 2002

Hello Michael,

currently, OpenCms does not support multisite, i.e. several different sites
that are managable with one instance of the workplace.

Since you want to have seperate sites with their own workplace, the easiest
way to solve your problem is to set up mutliple servlet zones on one server.
Just rename the opencms.war file to mysite01.war, restart the Tomcat and you
can install a second OpenCms with [servername]/mysite01/ocsetup. You can
then access the site under [servername]/mysite01/opencms/.

Each instance of the OpenCms will have its own workplace and database and
runs independent of the other instances.

Michael