[opencms-dev] J2SDK 1.4.0/Tomcat 4.0.2/OpenCMS 4.4.6/MySQL 3.23.48: "Trying to drop database ... Failed"

Atomboy atomboy2002 at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 12 00:42:04 CET 2002

Hi,

1. I'm giving my first shot at OpenCMS 4.4.6, and even after searching
through the archives of this mailing list, I'm stuck when it tries to
create its database and tables in MySQL.

In other words, Tomcat 4.0.2 is successfully running as a stand-alone
application on my RedHat 7.1 test host alongside MySQL 3.23.48 and the
j2sdk-1_4_0-rc RPM package.

- Resource broker = mysql
- Database Server Connection = root (no password)
- OpenCms Connection = root (no password)
- Connection String = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
- Database = opencms

In the http://mylinux:8080/opencms/ocsetup/create_database.ocjsp page, it
says:
Trying to drop database  ... Failed
Creating database ... Failed Creating database ("java.sql.SQLException:
Server configuration denies access to data source")

The OpenCMS documentation does not talk about installing JDBC, so should I
assume it is part of the  j2sdk-1_4_0-rc-linux-i386-rpm package that I
installed?

FWIW, I also tried using admin/admin for either or both accounts instead of
root/<empty>, to no avail.

2. I only installed the above Java-related package. I'm confused between
JDK, J2DSK, and JRE: Which one do I need to run OpenCMS? Is JDBC yet
another package that needs to be installed?

Thanks
Fred.