[opencms-dev] Whats wrong with MacIE5_ActiveX? EditorRoadmap?

Pekka Saari pekka.saari at sll.fi
Fri Feb 15 00:20:04 CET 2002

Hi,

I just installed OpenCMS (version 4.4.6 + Linux RH7 + SunJava) and
what I've seen so far looks promising.

However, because I am supposed to build a website-plattform to people
who work mostly with Macintosh computers, it is quite essential for
me to know whether there is (or will be) any support for Macintosh.
(Only few Windows OS:ses in the office, and I have a plan to install
Linux to them in the future.)

IE5 and IE51 for Mac have ActiveX components, but they still do
not work with OpenCMS Admin interface. I can log in and get out of
the endless login loop by changing "login.html" to "index.html".
Then I see the header and the footer but otherwise the screen keeps
empty. What I would like to know is:

*  Can I get MacIE with ActiveX operational NOW by tweaking the settings?
    (MacIE does not open a new window after login like it does in Win98.)

*  If not, is anyone working to get IE for Mac operational?
    (I'm willing to participate... at least for beta-testing.)

*  How about other browsers: Is anyone working with the idea of plattform
    independent editor-applet? Any roadmap/time-frame to achieve this?
    (I can already do some admin with Mozilla - it is easier to use than
    Netscape that shows those "too tiny to read" fonts everywhere.)

Pekka
--
Systems Administrator
pekka.saari at sll.fi