[opencms-dev] How to log out of opencms

Massimiliano Alessandri m.alessandri at tiscalinet.it
Mon Feb 18 22:58:03 CET 2002

This is how I solved the problem in my portal:

// Invalidates the session, thus proceeding to log off the current user
((HttpServletRequest)cms.getRequestContext().getRequest().getOriginalRequest()).getSession().invalidate();
templateSelector = "logoff";

This way the session object is invalidated, and thus the user is logged out
of the system.
I'm sure you could delete a single key from the session in order to log out
the user, but I don't know what it is.
By the way, this should work, cause I don't think of any use keeping
anything in the session if the user is no more logged on to the system.