[opencms-dev] Virtual domains and aliases with mod_webapp?

Pekka Saari pekka.saari at sll.fi
Thu Feb 21 09:24:44 CET 2002

Hi,

(This question is not exactly opencms-specific, but
I hope it has enough relevance to be posted here)

I would like to make virtual domains and/or aliases so that

    http://www.virtual.com/
       gives the same as
    http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/

    http://www.shop.com/
       gives the same as
    http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/shop/

    http://www.virtual.com/admin/
       gives the same as
    http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/

I already tried many different setting in httpd.conf,
but all I can get is:

     http://www.virtual.com/opencms/opencms/
       to give the same as
     http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/

So here are my questions:

*  Is it possible to do what I'm trying with httpd.conf,
    or should I mangle with tomcat configuration instead?

*  Should I use mod_rewrite instead of aliases for
    the system/workplace/action-stuff? Examples, anyone?

*  Is there any documentation and/or mailing list
    for mod_webapp?

I have installed apache-1.3.22, mod_webapp.so, tomcat-4.0.2,
opencms-4.5.35RC, SunJava-1.4.0-rc-b91 into some Linuxes.

Pekka