[opencms-dev] Virtual domains and aliases with mod_webapp?

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Thu Feb 21 10:58:02 CET 2002

Hi Pekka,

the most easy way for all three cases is a redirect. But this will show your
mydomain urls in the browser. if it doesn't mind, use it.

mod_rewrite could also be a good choice but it may conflict with the
redirects opencms usese for pics and download folders, you can deactivate
this in opencms.properties.

what you need is something like

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule 	^/(.*)	http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/$1

But this would cause an external Redirect anyway because it is another host.

The directive
RewriteRule 	^/(.*)	http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/$1 [P]
should use an internal Proxy, maybe what you need (needs mod_proxy).

Otherwise for case 2 and 3 use www.virtual.com as a ServerAlias for your
mydomain.org and try this:

RewriteRule 	^/shop(.*)	/opencms/opencms/shop$1
RewriteRule	^/admin(.*)	/opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action$1

(for your first case this might produce something like a loop, so be careful)

And not at last you can set up a second apache with mod_proxy for your
www.virtual.com domain with something like

ProxyPass	/	http://mydomain.org/opencms/opencms/

Be careful with mod_proxy. A misconfigured apache with mod_proxy on makes it
easy for proxyhunters.

Bye,
Stephan

Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2002 09:24 schrieben Sie: