[opencms-dev] Workplace running extremely slow

Simon Knightley simon_knightley at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 14:37:59 CET 2002

First, thanks to Massimiliano Alessandri for answering
my last question about logging out.

I now have two machines set up:
demo:  windows XP, tomcat, mysql, opencms
dev: linux, tomcat 4.0.1, apache 1.3.23, opencms 4.4.6

here are the results of an experiment
on demo:
wget
http://dev/system/workplace/templates/js/explorer.js
time > 4 mins!!
wget
http://demo/system/workplace/templates/js/explorer.js
time < 1 sec

on dev
wget
http://dev/system/workplace/templates/js/explorer.js
time < 1 sec
wget
http://demo/system/workplace/templates/js/explorer.js
time < 1 sec

neither of the machines is connected to the internet
so I thought it could be a name server lookup problem,
but I get the same results using the IP addresses.  I
have tried all combinations of caching and logging on
and off and see no problems in any of the log files.
I do have another server connected to the net also
running the same set up as the linux box and that
works fine.

Anybody have any ideas where I can start to look for
solutions?

Regards

Simon