[opencms-dev] General OpenCMS Questions

David Smiley dsmiley at mitre.org
Tue Feb 26 23:01:33 CET 2002

(1) How scalable is OpenCMS ?  It /appears/ to scale well... and that one
could add another server and throw OpenCMS on the additional server (keeping
the same Oracle back-end) and it will probably work but I don't know.

(2) I looked at the Lucene search engine module in CVS.  I am not certain
but it seems that it basically has no more features then an external HTML
link web crawler would have but with the added capability of updating the
index just in time of content change.  Is my assessment correct?  When will
it be finished?

(3) Is there any overall OpenCMS architecture documentation?  I have found a
user and a developer oriented PDF file but reading those documents doesn't
give me the big picture.

~ David Smiley
  MITRE