[opencms-dev] 2 Bugs in explorer_files_new_page and page editing

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Wed Mar 27 10:28:28 CET 2002

Hi developers,

after i found out the use of default bodies i found a bug in
explorer_files_new_page.
In function switchLayerData there are missing 2 lines:

        var temp6=document.getElementById("defaultBody"+from).selectedIndex;

and
        document.getElementById("defaultBody"+to).selectedIndex=temp6;

But the more serious problem is following.
I have a page with more than the default body. Let's say headline and text
derived from a default_body template:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<XMLTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE/>
<template name="headline">
<![CDATA[Here put your  headline.
]]>
</template>
<template name="text"><![CDATA[Here comes text]]></template>
</XMLTEMPLATE>

Now if i edit the page, first the default body is viewed in the editor which
is empty. When i chose headline from the text bodys drop down box, i would
expect to see "Here put your  headline.", but the text area is empty cause it
overtakes the content of the previous selected text body which was the empty
default.
This prevents me from filling my text bodies with different content and
overwrites text bodies when switchin from one to another.

Any quick fixes?

Bye,
Stephan